Thursday, August 6, 2009

I've never considered myself to have low self-esteem. Heck, I'm the first to tell you that I'm cocky. I mean, I'm humble, but cocky...if that makes sense. Also, when people have bad attitudes, they rub off on me very easily, but I always try to stay positive. But you know, there are certain things that people say that can get me down. For example, a few weeks ago one of my good friends was questioning my choice of becoming a theater major/actress because I won't have a good job after I graduate. I'm fully aware that contracts aren't going to be thrown at me, but did she need to make it such a big deal in front of other people? Just because she knows she's going to fall into a career doesn't give her the right to judge my choices. This is what I'm passionate about...it's what I do, and I know it's not going to be easy, and I'm willing to work as hard as I can to make my dreams come true.
And another thing!! Today, I was at work and my boss was in SUCH A FREAKING BAD MOOD! She apologized, which was fine, but it was very frustrating working with her. I was tired and not feeling 100% (hellooooo, dehydration), and she was making thinking such a big chore. Long story short, we were moving furniture...heavy furniture...as in, a TV cabinet with the TV and Stereo still in it....into another room...through a really small door. Not good. as in......TERRIBLE! What 21 year old GIRL should have to move something that heavy? Yes, that might sound sexist, but I prefer the term COMMON SENSE. If something is that heavy, I firmly believe a man should be involved in moving it. Not only is it gentlemanly for him to offer help, but he's a lot stronger than little ol' me. So we're moving this couch, right? (it wasn't as heavy, just awkward.) And I got it through the kitchen door, but had to move another piece that was in the way. So I'm pushing, legit as hard as I could, and my boss looks me straight in the eye and says "You're weak, Starleisha." And all I could do was explain to her that all my strength is in my legs. And I was so down about it for the rest of the day. I came home in a super bad mood, and just couldn't shake this feeling of upset-ness. I told my mom what happened and just started to cry. I guess I was just worn out.
I don't really have a lesson to be had here....so this blog is going to have an abrupt and somewhat awkward ending.
--Starleisha G.

No comments:

Post a Comment