Sunday, August 2, 2009

Communion, Rain, and Picnics

Today in church, we had communion. It seems like it's always a solemn ritual...which, I suppose it's meant to be that way, but at the same time, shouldn't we rejoice that God is gracious enough to forgive our sins? I'm thinking about this as I'm receiving a piece of bread. I then dipped it in the juice and popped it in my mouth...half of it was still sticking out. It was everything I had to keep from giggling out loud. I thought "It's incredibly hard to take communion gracefully with a piece baguette." And then I thought "new blog topic!" So there's my thoughts on that.

It's been raining a lot here lately. Every time it starts, I think it will never end. But we need it, and I can't wait to have sweet corn! We're getting 15 dozen tomorrow morning. I don't like "doing" corn as we call it. Husking, de-silking, cooking, scraping, bagging, freezing. Just....no fun really. But, the end result is always yummy!! It's supposed to rain this week, but I'll be holed up in the Bakery, so that will be exciting.

I went on a picnic with Joe today. We went up to Cowan's Gap and ate at a picnic table overlooking the poop-infested lake. (Classy, I know.) We then played frisbee until we couldn't stand the bugs anymore. As he put it, he rescued me from the bugs. I let him think he was my hero. ;-) Picnics are just so fun and casual. No one to tell us when to be home by, what to do, no one but each other to visit with. I think it's a great atmosphere for lots of things. So hopefully more picnics will come my way!

Well, It's been a long day so I'm headed to bed. Until next time,
Peace, Love, and Stars
-Starleisha G.

No comments:

Post a Comment