Thursday, July 30, 2009

Life as of late

We've had busy days around here. Daddy's busy with clients, and momma and I are updating information in the giant old Dell. I haven't been doing much writing, but I should get back on it. I've been listening to the "Spring Awakening" soundtrack, and working on an anthology of songs for voice lessons this coming semester. I love the way that after all these years of singing, I have finally found songs that fit me perfectly. I finally have admitted to myself that range is more important than being a diva. Haha! So if you're curious, or if you know "Spring Awakening" I'm working on "Whispering" which was originally preformed by Lea Michele and "The Song of Purple Summer" which was first sung by Lauren Pritchard. Both are good solid songs, and Lea and Lauren did excellent jobs. I really enjoy Lea Michele because she is going to be on the FOX show "Glee" this fall. I saw the Pilot episode and LOVED it, so check that out too. My goal for this weekend is to empty my camera card, edit some pictures, and take some pictures. Another thing I've been slacking on. I used to carry my camera EVERYWHERE, and lately it's been sitting in my bookbag. I ordered some books today including "He's Just not That Into You" and Steve Harvey's "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man." I'm pretty excited about these two, given some recent events in my life. ;-) I also ordered "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Other Jazz Age Stories" which is a F. Scott Fitzgerald anthology. My favorite book of all time is "The Great Gatsby" and my mom scoffs at me everytime I talk about it. I just laugh and explain why I like it. I guess it's just because I'm into that time period (the 20s/30s) and the writing is so exquisite. But enough about that. The weekend is almost upon us, and I have a feeling it will be a good one! Momma is going to visit the kids, and Daddy and I are going to stay here. (I guess...?) And then on Sunday, with my parents' blessing, of course, I'll be going on a picnic with a certain new friend. :-D so I'll definitely be updating you all after this weekend. But until then, Peace, Love, and Stars,
-Starleisha G.

No comments:

Post a Comment