Monday, July 27, 2009

On Hold

I'm currently sitting here on hold with Tracfone. It's the fourth time I've called them in the past three days, and the second in the last 20 minutes. The first time today, I thought the issue was fixed. But it wasn't. I'm reminded of the "Friends" episode where Pheobe was calling to get her telephone fixed, and was on hold for 28 hours. It was, of course, hilarious, and frustrating, even for me. It made me think of all the things in life that we put on hold. Friends, family, chores, JESUS! (gasp!) But seriously. There are times when I'm like, "oh I'll read my devotions later. When I get a free second." And of course, I take that free second and log onto Facebook, or pick up my latest Karen Kingsbury book. How do you think Jesus feels when we say (In our best Middle Eastern Accent) "Your call is important, but please allow me to put you on hold for at least two minutes. Thank you." Not cool. (Slightly amusing but NOT COOL!) Jesus doesn't put us on hold. He's always open 24-7-365 (or 366 depending.) So, I've decided to persist in my devotional reading, and do it first thing in the morning. I've also decided to make a little bookmark with prayer requests of friends and use it in my KK novels. So if there's anything I can pray for in your life, let me know! Just remember, even though the hold music is cheesey, Jesus won't torture you with it...why tortue him with it?
Love you all! Peace, Love and Stars,
-Starleisha

No comments:

Post a Comment