Saturday, June 13, 2009

Update!

I'm so terrible at this. Please forgive me. It's 11:31 Saturday night. My parents and I just watched 3/4 of "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." My dad was falling asleep, not because he was bored, so we're going to finish it tomorrow. This week has been a busy one. Daddy's been busy with the business, mamma's helping out and I try to answer the phone/file cards when I can. The kids were here Wednesday until Thursday afternoon. They are great. I love them. I'm getting excited for Creation! I just can't wait to camp with Linds and see some friends, and have good ol' time. I'm really excited that Reliant K is going to be back this year. BUT as always, Lindsey and I are looking forward to standing down front for Kutless. I love those guys. We got to sit in the Youth Leaders Only tent last year, and hear their "talkback session." It was fun, and hilarious because I had a sandwich that I had just made at the campsite, and I took it with me. I definitely caught Jon Micah Sumrall (the lead singer) looking at me eating ;-D For more info on this band check out their website: kutless.com

So I've been doing a lot of thinking this week. I officially sent an e-mail to the appropriate people to change my major. I'm now working towards a B.A. in Theater with an Acting emphasis. So that's exciting. I need to do enrichment in an Urban setting, and I'm trying to decide how/where to fulfill that. I will hopefully be going to Ireland over J-Term 2010, but we'll see how that all works out. As far as the other enrichment credits, I've brainstormed University of Chicago, NYU, Boston, and Indiana University. I have to take credits of classes that aren't offered at Messiah, so I don't think that will be an issue. My mom is worried about my going to a city, and although she knows I have no choice, she's still uneasy. And with good reason. Growing up on a farm and visiting NYC and watching Gossip Girl doesn't exactly make me an expert on city life. Which is why we will probably compromise and I will do my enrichment (hopefully) in the Midwest. I have a friend who spends part of his summers in California with relatives. I was doing some research today on the area where they live, and was truly intrigued by it. I would love to go to Cali, but I don't know if studying there would prove advantageous for my education. Like I said...we'll see what happens.

Other than that, life in Mercersburg has been....well. Mercersburg. I'll try to keep you posted.

Peace, Love, and Stars
--Starleisha

1 comment:

  1. wow! big step. what made you decide to switch (for real)?

    ReplyDelete